Senior Schooling at Ocean View College, encompasses Years 10 through 12 and is built upon the successful foundations in the Middle Years.
Our Senior Schooling approach is committed to providing all students in Years 10-12 with engaging and flexible learning opportunities that will allow each student to achieve their personal, academic and career goals. The Senior School is dedicated to ensuring that our curriculum, classroom practice, support structures and polices acknowledge and reflect the skills, knowledge and capabilities required by our students.
The Senior School curriculum is aligned to the SACE for students in Years 11 and 12 and the Australian curriculum for students in Year 10.
Download the SACE – Parent Guide
Ocean View College has a dedicated Study Centre. The appointment of Study-line Teachers ensures our students are provided with a supportive, more personalised service where they can access assistance with their studies when required. Ocean View College also has a team of dedicated mentor group teachers who support our Senior School students with their academic, career and personal pursuits.
Senior Schooling Years 10 to 12
At Ocean View College B – 12 we cater for all ages across a wide range of subject areas meeting the diverse needs of all our students.
Ocean View College B – 12 has a commitment to each and every student:
- A defined sub-school structure for years 10-12.
- A leadership team comprising Head of Senior School, Wellbeing Leader, Study teachers and mentor group teachers, dedicated to senior school operations, student learning and wellbeing
- A large Senior Centre, offering a choice in study facilities, fostering independent learning, and offering the support of study managers.
- A Mentor group program together with regular year level and Senior School meetings
- Flexible individualised programming that acknowledges student needs, strengths and aspirations
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) programming that is integrated and integral to senior secondary education. The Doorways to Construction program and Business Certificate course (Logistics stream) are based at Ocean View College
- Our new Harbor View Campus which offers the Cert III Business (logistics) and the SACE Dynamics program
- Involvement in the Federation of Schools with local High Schools to further expand subject offerings
- In-class support, specialised subjects and off-site learning for students with special needs
- An expectation that learning in the community will be part of a young person’s education
- A commitment to Transition Planning and support for exiting students that includes University, TAFE and employment pathways and Career focused education that supports all student pathways during 10, 11 and 12
- Opportunity for membership of Senior Leadership Groups
- Close monitoring of student progress to ensure they are on track for successful completion of Senior Schooling
- International students that add new cultural dimensions to our students’ learning