JANUARY 2021 OPENING TIMES
OPENING HOURS FOR MATERIALS & SERVICES CHARGE PAYMENTS, SCHOOL CARD APPLICATIONS AND INSTALMENT PLANS:
- Tuesday 19th January: 9:00am – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 20th January: 9:00am – 3.30pm
- Thursday 21st January: 9:00am – 6:30pm (EXTENDED HOURS)
- Friday 22nd January: 9:00am – 3.30pm
- Monday 25th January: 9:00am – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 26th January: CLOSED – Public Holiday
Invoices for Materials and Services Charge (also referred to as school fees or M&S Charge) will be posted early January 2021. Section 106A of the Education Act gives approval for the Ocean View R-12 College Materials & Services Charge as determined by the Governing Council for the forthcoming academic year for R-12 as below, for amounts to be legally recoverable for 2021.
FEES ARE DUE TO BE PAID BY END OF TERM 1 – 9TH APRIL 2021
2021 MATERIALS & SERVICES CHARGE (all charges are GST Free)
|R - 7||$340.00|
|8 - 12||$440.00 plus subject charges|
|Harbor View Campus||$440.00 plus subject charges|
- Please pay M&S charges at office in main building. You may pay with cash, cheque, EFTPOS, credit card (Visa or MasterCard), QKR, Instalment/ Direct Debit or Centrepay (see notes below). If you are unable to attend on these days, you may call us with your credit card details (8248 1422). Payments may also be made online via the OVC website. You may lodge your School Card Application during fee collection days. Forms are available at the Main Office.
- PAYING M&S CHARGES BY INSTALMENT 2021. The Department for Education (DfE) direct debit by instalment facility will enable parents to complete an agreement for schools to deduct from the parent’s nominated bank or credit/debit card, an agreed amount either each week, fortnight or month until the full debt is paid. Please talk to our Finance Manager, for instalment applications, school card forms or any further information.
- SCHOOL CARD – the 2021 School Card Grant for Primary Year R-7 Students will be $246.00 and for Secondary Students Years 8-12 $325.00. Eligibility is assessed on taxable income for the 2019/2020 Financial Year. A copy of your concession card is required. Forms are available at the Main Office or can be downloaded from sa.gov.au – search School Card. (Please note if you are eligible for School Card in 2021, any payment of the Materials and Services Charge Gap is Voluntary.) YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LODGE A NEW SCHOOL CARD APPLICATION EACH YEAR
- CENTREPAY – we are able to offer a Centrepay option for Materials & Services payments. If you are in receipt of any Centrelink payments ie Family Tax Benefit, Parenting Payment, Disability Support, you can choose to have money regularly deducted from Centrelink payments to pay for Materials & Services Charges, subject fees, or extra curriculum activities. Application forms are available from the school front office or contact Centrelink for more information on 13 2490 or centrelink.gov.au.
- EXTRA CHARGES – costs for excursions, camps and larger school projects, ie Design & Technology projects, VET Charge, Musical Instrument Hire etc have not been included in the 2021 Materials & Services Charge. Semester 1 Subject Charges will be invoiced in January, please note there will be more Subject Charges for Years 9-12 for Semester 2, in July, 2021. The school must receive payment for subject charge before students can use these services or take part in these co-curricular activities.
- ABSTUDY – Parents of eligible Aboriginal secondary students up to the age of 16 years old must apply for ABSTUDY AND SCHOOL CARD each Abstudy should be applied for at Centrelink and School Card at the school.