Ocean View College welcomes and encourages our Parents and Caregivers to participate in the decision making process of the school to include them as part of our school community. This ensures transparency and allows a voice for families.
Governing Council meets twice a term on a Monday night – only 8 nights a year
The role of the Governing Council is to:
- Affirm the school strategic directions, priorities and general programs (including the site learning plan)
- Develop local policy
- Inform decisions about financial and other resource allocation
- Oversee improvements to school buildings, grounds and facilities
- Ensure parent participation in decision making processes
- Report to the department and community on the school’s activities and outcomes
The Principal is responsible for the educational leadership, supervision and management of the school.
There are 12 elected members of whom 2 are from the Preschool and the remaining 8 from across the College. Elected is a Chairperson (parent), secretary and Treasurer. The Principal, Children’s Centre Director and Business Manager participate and report as ex-officio’s. There are also 3 staff representatives elected by the staff of Ocean View College.
Currently our Governing Council have a Canteen, Uniform and Finance Committee, in which we welcome Parents and Caregivers view points