» Senior School
About Senior School
Senior Schooling Years 10 to 12
At Ocean View College B – 12 we cater for all ages across a wide range of subject areas meeting the diverse needs of all our students.
Ocean View College B – 12 has a commitment to each and every student:
- A defined sub-school structure for years 10-12.
- A leadership team comprising Head of Senior School, Student Counsellor, Senior Centre managers and care group teachers, dedicated to senior school operations and student well- being
- A large Senior Centre, offering a choice in study facilities, fostering independent learning, and offering the support of three study managers.
- A pastoral care program together with regular year level and Senior School meetings
- Flexible individualised programming that acknowledges student needs, strengths and aspirations
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) programming that is integrated and integral to senior secondary education. The Doorways to Construction program and Business Certificate course (Logistics stream) are based at Ocean View College.
- Our new Harbor View Campus which offers the Cert III Business (logistics) and the SACE Dynamics program
- Involvement in the Federation of Schools with local High Schools to further expand subject offerings
- In-class support, specialised subjects and off-site learning for students with special needs
- An expectation that learning in the community will be part of a young person’s education
- A commitment to Transition Planning and support for exiting students that includes University, TAFE and employment pathways and Career focused education that supports all student pathways during 10, 11 and 12
- Opportunity for membership of Senior Leadership Groups
- Close monitoring of student progress to ensure they are on track for successful completion of Senior Schooling
- International students that add new cultural dimensions to our students’ learning