10 Music Performance & Technology A
Entry Recommendations/Special Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of Year 9 Music.
- Students must have a keen interest in practical music.
- All Year 10 Music A and B students are required to enrol and attend weekly Instrumental/Vocal lessons for the full year either here at the College with free tuition from DECD IMS staff or their own private teacher at their own expense.
- Participation in Ensemble groups for school and community performances during the year.
- Attendance at performances as arranged by the Music Teacher.
- Both Music A and Music B should be chosen if students are wishing to continue into Year 11 Music.
Please note the content to be studied over each of the semesters will vary depending on student interest and the instrumental groupings within the classes.
- Music Analysis and Appreciation – from the Classics to the Birth of Rock
- History of Jazz and the Blues
- World Music - Womadelaide
- Performance - both as a Soloist and within a Band
- How to rehearse/play in a Band
- Music Theory/Composition and Arranging
- Listening Journals and Review Writing
- Music Career Pathways
- Music Technology/Sound Production/PA Systems/ICT skills
- Working/performing with other schools
- Participation in ensemble groups for school and community performances during the year.
- Attendance at performances as arranged by the music teacher.
Those students who need to hire an instrument can do so through the school at an additional cost.
Students and their families needing to access this feature will be required to enter a Hire Agreement and return a signed Contract with payment. Payment plans can be negotiated as required.
Please note: commitment is for 12 months and fees are not refundable. IMS Instrumental/Vocal Reports will be issued at the end of each semester.