Entry Recommendations: Satisfactory completion of Year 9 Japanese.
Year 10 Japanese aims to encourage in the students a respect for, and understanding of, other languages and cultures, and to build on skills gained in year 9. Japanese is a modern, dynamic language from a country with close economic and business ties to Australia. Additionally, Japan has a rich and diverse cultural history to explore and compare to build intercultural understanding.
- 2 major socio-cultural assignments
- Expressing thought and opinion
- Advanced grammar structures
- Plain form
- Revision of Hiragana, Katakana scripts
- More complex Kanji script
- Introduction of various text types
- Development of linguistic structures, aural and oral skills through a variety of topics such as: Food, travel in Japan, arts,